Immigration Lawyer Danbury, CT
Call To Schedule A Consultation - 203-614-1687 

Stamford - 1234 Summer St, Suite 400, Stamford, CT 06905
Danbury - 169 Main St, Danbury, CT 06810
Hartford - 100 Pearl St, Suite 400, Hartford, CT 06103

Visa and Green Cards

Visa & Green Cards


Immigrant visas are often referred to as permanent residency green cards and generally permit you to stay in the U.S. for as long as you wish. At the Law Offices of Rashmi N. Patel, LLC, we help individuals obtain visas in several ways. The most common ways to successfully obtain an immigrant visa include:
  • Family visas. For mothers, fathers, children, sisters, and brothers
  • Fiancé(e) visas. You may be issued a visa, but you must prove you are married within 90 days of entering the U.S. Using any other type of visa, like a tourist visa, is not allowed.
  • Marriage visas. Allowing your husband or wife to enter the U.S.
  • Work visas. Employers are allowed to sponsor an employee’s application. These are called H1B visas. There are different cards for different kinds of employees: priority workers, people with advanced degrees, skilled workers, and others.

K-1 Visa & Other Types

  • K visa. For the spouse, child, or fiancé of a U.S. citizen
  • T visa. For victims of trafficking
  • U visa. For victims or witnesses of specified crimes who have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse and agree to cooperate with the government
  • V visa. For spouses and children of lawful permanent residents whose visa petitions have been pending for at least three years

Marriage Applications

If you are a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States, you can follow a multi-step process to help your family members migrate to the U.S.
A U.S. citizen can sponsor any immediate family member such as a spouse, son, or daughter of any age.
A U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old can sponsor a brother, sister, or parent.

Connecticut Green Card Attorney

People seeking a green card are usually sponsored by an employer or a family member. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can petition for a green card for your: 
  • Husband or wife
  • Children under 21
  • Mother or father (if you are at least 21)
  • Unmarried children over 21 and their children
  • Married children of any age and their children
  • Brother or sister and their families (if you are at least 21)
If you are a U.S. permanent resident, you can petition for a green card for your:
  • Husband or wife
  • Children under 21
  • Unmarried children over 21
It is advisable to work with an experienced Connecticut immigration lawyer in all these applications.
Share by: